Top of page
Skip to main content
Main content


Please use the following forms for our undergraduate program.

Declaration of Major or Minor

You can declare a major or minor as early as the second semester of your first year.

Please submit the Declaration of Major form found under the Declaration of Major/Minor heading at this link: Declare a Major or Minor

ECONOMICS 397-496-496W (Directed Study)

 Directed Study ECON 397-496-496RW 

Independent Study Non-Lecture Courses – Econ 397R/496R/496RW

  • Can be used to satisfy an economics elective requirement (must be for 3 or more credits) but no more than 2 of the 4 elective requirements can be fulfilled with directed study courses.
  • Can be used to satisfy the continuing writing requirement – Econ 496RW (must be for 4 or more credits).

To enroll the following is necessary:

  • A topic (an original idea) must be selected that is not included in a course that would normally be offered/available to you. A written description of the project should be included on the Directed Study form.
  • A faculty advisor among the Economics Department faculty must agree to supervise the study program.
  • The completed and signed form should be submitted to our Undergraduate Program Coordinator, Ben Pearce at, in the semester preceding the one you intend to participate.


Economics 449 is an internship offered to economics majors and minors only and must be taken on a pass/fail (S/U) basis. This counts for only 2 credit hours and will not count toward the major or minor.

Permission is required to enroll in this course.

In order to obtain permission to enroll in Econ 449, please email our Undergraduate Program Coordinator at

More information can be found here: Internships